Nexus 7 file transfer

Having trouble with your Linux system?

Nexus 7 file transfer

Postby heiowge » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:51 pm

I got my nexus 7 and hit my first major bump. File transfer. Using USB, most times transfers fail. This is a right royal pain in the arse.

So I tried getting an app. Most apps transfer but have an upper file size limit. The largest file I want to send is about 2.6GB. This is a mere 500 x the max file size for one app. Others limit you to a max number of transfers. Both limits can be mitigated by paying for a Pro version. I'm not going to do that.

Most apps require a windows computer, a mac or some money to work.

All my files are stored on Linux.

Surely there's a half decent easy method to transfer files (please don't say via command line) from my PC to tablet. Preferably an easy app or a simple PC GUI file.

Ta.
i5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asus H87M-E motherboard, 8GB DDR3, 2GB DDR5 nVidia card, 2x500GB Seagate hd, Coolermaster 750W PSU running Mint 17.2 MATE and Win7, HP mini, 1.66 Ghz Intel atom processor, 2 GB DDR3, 320 GB hd, Mint 17.2 MATE, Raspberry Pi 2
heiowge

Re: Nexus 7 file transfer

Postby Rhakios » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:08 pm

I would be inclined to wonder why the file transfers fail over USB, could be a cable problem? I have transferred files up to 1.7GB to my Nexus9 just using drag-and-drop from Nemo (the default file manager on Mint Cinnamon). Nothing special needed or involved.
You aren't at the 4GB file-size limit, so that can't be the problem.
Edit: assuming there is a limit, most posts I've read (now re-read) actually refer to SD cards on Android.
Rhakios

Re: Nexus 7 file transfer

Postby feisar » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:11 am

feisar

Return to Help