Shotwell - Image viewer/editor - How to Save an edit ???

Having trouble with your Linux system?

Shotwell - Image viewer/editor - How to Save an edit ???

Postby reactiv8 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:15 am

Pardon folks (again!),

I am now obliged to get savvy with Shotwell now that my beloved Picasa is gone forever ...

I've found how to adjust how many images are displayed horizontally, the simple editing features are fine for most things, the original is retained and edits can be undone - Phew!

However, how does one Save an edit ???

Also it seems that there is no way of scaling down & compressing batches of images sadly ...
- This was a feature of Picasa that saved me so much time, if I had (for example) 100 images I wanted to scale down & compress to upload to Facebook ...

To me this is not progress. Rant over. :roll:
“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.”
― Oscar Wilde, 'The Nightingale and the Rose'
reactiv8

Re: Shotwell - Image viewer/editor - How to Save an edit ???

Postby reactiv8 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:00 pm

The default image editor in Mint (Pix) is also ok too, and edits can be saved !!!!, but still no way of scaling down and compressing batches of images sadly ...
“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.”
reactiv8

Re: Shotwell - Image viewer/editor - How to Save an edit ???

Postby reactiv8 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:59 pm

Right that's it - I've had enough of Mint 18 'Sarah' - Apparently it is based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) ...
- I've just had another error message trying to install an Equaliser Plug-in for Rhythmbox and get the same error message :~

I'm going back to Mint 17.3 - What a waste of a day - Thanks Ubuntu/Mint - Grrrrrr etc :evil:
reactiv8

Return to Help