Printer works perfectly - Canon iP7250

Having trouble with your Linux system?

Printer works perfectly - Canon iP7250

Postby reactiv8 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:54 pm

Just to let any one know who is struggling to find a Linux-compatible printer (or other hardware) ?!? ...

Up until recently my old man had a Canon Pixma MP495 'All-in-One' multifunctional (Printer, Scanner & Copier) which was a pig to install with all releases of Mint. :evil:
The copier worked just fine 'standalone' and I never had any need of its scanning capabilities, because we already had a Canon flat-bed Scanner N670U which works perfectly with Simple Scan utility.

So, in need of a new printer I checked the Mint Hardware Database and found the Canon iP7250 "Works perfectly" !!! (with Mint 17.1 Rebecca)
Ordered one from PC World who I usually avoid like the plague, but it was a good deal bundled with spare ink here ...
Unpacked it, inserted ink cartridges, connected to desktop via USB and Bingo !!!
- Mint (17.3 Rosa 'Mate') instantly recognised it and off we went.
- The easiest install ever for yours truly with no need of the supplied CD-Rom of course (for M$ Windoze & Apple Munchkin) !!! :D

Anyway, I have found the Hardware Database invaluable and wanted to share its existence for others who might be unaware of it?! :mrgreen:

Incidentally, out of desperation, I also tied to and failed to get an Apple iPad Mini2 to connect with both printers wirelessly ...

Onwards and upwards to Linux Nirvana !!!

Chris.
“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.”
― Oscar Wilde, 'The Nightingale and the Rose'
reactiv8

Return to Help