Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on DVD

Comments and questions about the magazine

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on DVD

Postby aztecjoe » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:03 am

HI LV Team.

I am a regular listener to your v informative podcasts - thanks.

I'm wanting to know when or if you will be issuing LV with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (is it 16.04.1?) on the DVD. I noted you had the first release of 16.04 in the June (was it) edition. I have limited data allowance through my phone hotspot and have a number of devices (desktop, tablet and laptop) to be upgraded. Doing this OTA would kill my data allowance so I'm hoping your magazine will issue the version which is used to update my 14.04 LTS release.

Cheers
Joe
aztecjoe

Re: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on DVD

Postby M-Saunders » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:34 am

Hi Joe,

We haven't had a DVD on the cover for almost two years now, so we won't be including Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. DVDs are expensive to source and ship (with extra postage and packaging costs on the magazine), especially for small and independent publishers like us, and when we did a survey a while back, almost nobody said they used them. So we think the costs are better off used on getting good writers and content

Hopefully you can find another way to get round your data limits though!

Cheers,
Mike
M-Saunders

Re: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on DVD

Postby eionmac » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Maybe you can carry a 'advert' or recommendation for someone who supplies good quality DVDs or refer slashdot advert columns for those who need DVDs. I send my old magazine Linux DVDs to an African LUG for re-distribution.
eionmac

Return to Linux Voice