Merging with Linux Magazine

Comments and questions about the magazine

Re: Merging with Linux Magazine

Postby M-Saunders » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:45 am

Hi mrslip,

mrslip wrote:I just tried again. The login page still won't even load for me today.

Are you still having troubles now? It all seems fine here, but there's another path to accessing digital issues:

https://www.sparkhaus-shop.com/customer/account/login/

Once logged in, go to My Account, then click on Linux Magazine.

Mike
M-Saunders

Postby Huw » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:22 pm

I have to say, Linux Magazine actually isn't bad. It doesn't look anywhere near as nice as Linux Voice did, but the content is fine.
Huw

Postby towy71 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:25 pm

Huw wrote:I have to say, Linux Magazine actually isn't bad. It doesn't look anywhere near as nice as Linux Voice did, but the content is fine.
Hear Hear, keep going guys ;-)
Wildest wet west Wales
towy71

Postby drh » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:29 pm

I just wanted to add my "voice" to the others saying how much I love Linux Voice and that I wish you all well for the future.

I'm a super duper Linux Voice fanboy and always carried a copy of the mag in my satchel. I've been with you since the start and I really admire you all. I definitely shed a tear or two when I heard news of the merger but I can only imagine how hard it is to run a print mag in this day and age. I hope Linux Mag treats you well and if they don't they'll have me to answer to ;)

I've just bought my first issue of Linux Mag and I look forward to seeing more of your passion and hard work.

BTW, you might be able to lend them a hand on improving the look of their website, it looks a tad 90s ;p

Peace and props from the bottom of the world!

Dr Hitchcock,
Christchurch, New Zealand.
drh

Postby M-Saunders » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:58 am

Thanks Dr Hitchcock, muchly appreciated :-)
M-Saunders

Postby foberle » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:31 pm

I just now learned of the LV's absorption into Linux Pro (which seems to be the name here in the U.S.). Sorry to hear about that and second all the earlier postings. Our local Barnes and Noble only carried one issue of Linux Pro that I saw over the past year or so, and stopped carrying Linux Voice some time ago (or maybe they only stocked one copy per month of each, and the other Linux user alway got there before I did??).

At any rate, I guess this means no more 9 month's old issues (actually, having them was far better than nothing), or has the posting of Issue 24 just gotten lost in the shuffle.

Anyway: best of luck to all of you! Great job on a great try, though!
foberle

Postby M-Saunders » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:57 am

foberle wrote:At any rate, I guess this means no more 9 month's old issues (actually, having them was far better than nothing), or has the posting of Issue 24 just gotten lost in the shuffle.

Yes, all Linux Voice issues up to 32 will eventually be posted online as Creative Commons! It has been a very busy few weeks so we've had to put the uploading on the back-burner for a little while, but we'll get round to it ASAP. Thanks for your patience and support :-)
M-Saunders

Postby Tracey Lowndes » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:54 pm

My subscription renewal to Linux Voice was due in October, and according to the merger web page I should have got an email inviting me to renew my subscription to the merged magazine. So far I've not had any email.

What should I do?
Tracey Lowndes

Postby M-Saunders » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:22 am

Tracey Lowndes wrote:My subscription renewal to Linux Voice was due in October, and according to the merger web page I should have got an email inviting me to renew my subscription to the merged magazine. So far I've not had any email.

What should I do?

Hi Tracey, please contact subscriptions@linuxvoice.com with your subscriber number and they'll look into it. Thanks!
M-Saunders

Postby Tracey Lowndes » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:12 pm

My subscription issue is now solved and I've successfully renewed - it seems my details somehow got lost in the migration of data from the old company to the new one.
Tracey Lowndes

PreviousNext

Return to Linux Voice