Merging with Linux Magazine

Comments and questions about the magazine

Re: Merging with Linux Magazine

Postby M-Saunders » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:15 am

Tracey Lowndes wrote:My subscription issue is now solved and I've successfully renewed - it seems my details somehow got lost in the migration of data from the old company to the new one.

Awesome, thanks for renewing, and we hope you enjoy the upcoming Linux Voice content that we're working on (and in indeed the rest of the magazine)!
M-Saunders

Postby Ram » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:34 am

Hi,

I've just received my 2nd Linux Mag, Jan 2017 edition. It is missing the DVD's. Any one have this ?

Cheers
Ram
lubuntu LXDE 15.04 running on AMD Phenom II*4; ASUS Crosshair III Formula MB; 16 GB Ram.....
Ram

Postby Dennis99 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:28 pm

Last months was a sample. You need to upgrade the subscription to get the dvd.

From the merger announcement email:
A. Linux Magazine offers two versions of the magazine, with or without the DVD, known as 'DVD' or 'Standard' subscriptions. As Linux Voice did not regularly include a DVD, your subscription will continue as Standard. However, a free DVD has been included with the first issue so you can see what they are typically like.
Dennis99

Postby Ram » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:56 am

Cheers Dennis,

Missed that bit.
lubuntu LXDE 15.04 running on AMD Phenom II*4; ASUS Crosshair III Formula MB; 16 GB Ram.....
Ram

Postby LinuxDan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has received issue 195?

I am still having issues, replacement issue 194 has been missing for 3 weeks now and worried now 195 is not going to arrive.

Thanks
LinuxDan

Postby Dennis99 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:22 am

LinuxDan wrote:Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has received issue 195?

Should be out this week in the UK. (Around Jan 2nd according to issue 194)
Dennis99

Postby johnlane » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:02 am

@LinuxDan - I haven't got #195 yet.

A couple of questions for Mike...

In the email of 20161027 it's stated that "Linux Magazine releases their issues for free (as in beer) a year after they're published. You can browse past issues and view articles online at http://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues. Am I right in reading between the lines that Linux Magazine charges for whole-issue PDFs, however ? I ask because I can't see a way to access issues older than a year without buying them.

Secondly, can our digital copy subscription status be clarified? Is it a real "digital subscription"? I ask because, according to the blurb on p2 of issue 195 it suggests that archives should be accesible whereas I cannot see them (I can only see 193, 194 and 195)

Finally, what's the last issue included in the current (Jan 2016 paid) subscription that began with issue LV25? If my reckoning is right that's 8 LV issues 25-32 plus 4 LM issues (or is it 5 LM issues) ?

Cheers,
John
johnlane

Postby M-Saunders » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi johnlane,

johnlane wrote:A couple of questions for Mike...

They're really for Linux New Media :-) So I emailed them and here's the response:

Linux New Media wrote:Update to publication of issue #195: it will be published mid of next week in UK (due to Christmas break there was no earlier carrier from Germany to UK). Official UK on-sale date moved from 07th to 11th January.

For Johnlane: If you subscribe to a digital edition, you will not get access to download the PDFs of each issue but you will have access to all the articles on the website. Typically those are not available until the article is more than a year old, but with your digisub you can access those at any time.

Last issue of John's current subscription will be issue no. 196 (March 2017). Means he will receive another two magazines.

Hope that helps -- please contact them on subscriptions@linuxvoice.com if you have any further questions!

Mike
M-Saunders

Postby YorkshireTyke » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Sad though it was to read about the merger of Linux Voice with the Linux Magazine, I had hoped that as a Digital subscriber I would still get the 12 issues I paid for. Which means I expect t get issues 193 to 196 of the Linux Magazine. Today I tried to down load issue number 195 only to find that I couldn't. Once again we digital subscribers getting a raw deal.
YorkshireTyke

Postby M-Saunders » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:59 am

YorkshireTyke wrote:Sad though it was to read about the merger of Linux Voice with the Linux Magazine, I had hoped that as a Digital subscriber I would still get the 12 issues I paid for. Which means I expect t get issues 193 to 196 of the Linux Magazine. Today I tried to down load issue number 195 only to find that I couldn't. Once again we digital subscribers getting a raw deal.

Hi Yorkshiretike, please email subscriptions@linuxvoice.com with your details and they'll look into it.
M-Saunders

PreviousNext

Return to Linux Voice