Linux Magazine Issue 194

Comments and questions about the magazine

Linux Magazine Issue 194

Postby LinuxDan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering has everyone received issue 194? I had one issue remaining before the merge which I received. I then had a payment taken (Direct Debit) but never received issue 194. Just wondering if something gone wrong with the payment and merge.

Thanks
Dan
LinuxDan

Re: Linux Magazine Issue 194

Postby M-Saunders » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:33 am

Hi Dan,

For subscription queries, please contact subscriptions@linuxvoice.com with your subs number and they can help out.

Thanks!
M-Saunders

Postby LinuxDan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi,

I emailed the address given without any response. Sadly the magazine never arrived either.
LinuxDan

Postby Rhakios » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:51 pm

When I initially needed to have an issue resolved and emailed subscriptions@linuxvoice.com, the replies came from subs@linuxnewmedia.com, you could try that address, giving them the relevant details.
Rhakios

Postby LinuxDan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:31 pm

Just received a strange reply think it was translated from German. Seems despite them taking money my subscription does not roll on (3 month direct debit) , they are asking me to click a link to restart the sub. The link takes you to credit card payments of £13.00 per 3 issues where as it was £15, I am guessing they want to move away from the old payment system.

I really liked Linux Voice but don't think I will continue with the new mag.
LinuxDan

Postby Tracey Lowndes » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:02 pm

Linux Dan, did the email contain these words "Dear $cact_first_name $cact_last_name,"? If so, I got the same email although it came out of the blue for me.
Tracey Lowndes

Postby LinuxDan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:29 am

Tracey Lowndes wrote:Linux Dan, did the email contain these words "Dear $cact_first_name $cact_last_name,"? If so, I got the same email although it came out of the blue for me.

Yes thats the one - I am going to have to try and get the money back that was paid to Go Cardless on the 8th November. £15.00 is £15.00 at the end of the day :D

Mine mentions Linux Mag 193 was my last issue

Customer ID: $cact_id
Subscription: Linux Magazine Standard 3-month LVlist Subscription (3 issues)

Dear $cact_first_name $cact_last_name,

We hope you are enjoying Linux Magazine with our new Linux Voice section. To keep receiving new issues from Linux Magazine and new cent from Linux Voice cributors, you will need to renew your subscription.

The last issue of your current subscription was #193 (equivalent to Linux Voice #33)

To renew your subscription now, please click on the URL below:
LinuxDan

Postby LinuxDan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:49 am

All resolved!

Received a email advising a replacement issue 194 being sent. The direct debit payment was taken and covers me until March 17 issue despite the link above asking me to pay again. Direct debit now canceled.

We got there in the end - sure its teething problems with the merger just hope other readers don't have issues who pay by DD.
LinuxDan

Return to Linux Voice